Tennis & Pickleball
The Emerald Isle Parks and Recreation Department operates two public outdoor tennis courts and pickleball courts located behind the Police Department and adjacent to Blue Heron Park. Residents and visitors alike are both encouraged to take advantage of this great public recreational resource.
Tennis & Pickleball Courts
The Pickleball lines are marked on the Tennis Courts and on the Basketball Court. A portable Pickleball net is available for use at the Community Center. You may only use the Pickle ball net on the outside basketball court. If you are playing pickle ball on the tennis court you must use the tennis nets.
- List of Local Area Tennis Courts (PDF)
Community Center Membership Pass holders enjoy free use of the tennis and pickleball courts.
Non-members/Visitors should pay $2 per person per hour.
Emerald Isle taxpayers are eligible to purchase a tennis and or pickleball annual membership. The membership is available for $25 per person. Memberships expire on December 31, regardless of the purchase date.
Use of the tennis and pickleball Courts requires a reservation. Reservations can be made in the binder. Reservations MUST be entered into the daily sign-up sheets located within the binder on the picnic table by the tennis courts. (See Tennis and Pickleball Court Rules and Regulations below)
Tennis and Pickleball Court Rules & Regulations
- The tennis and pickleball courts may be reserved in one-hour intervals daily from 7 am to 10 pm. Reservations are on a first-come, first-served basis.
- Reservations MUST be entered into the daily sign-up sheets located within the binder on the picnic table by the courts. If you find that you are unable to play at your scheduled time, please be courteous and cross your name out - or call the Community Center and they will do so.
- Fees must be paid in order to ensure your reservation if you are not an Emerald Isle Parks and Recreation member.
- There is a dropbox next to court Number 1, in which applicable fees can be paid.
- Please observe a one-hour playing limit.
- Players will have to assemble the pickleball net only on the basketball court. The pickleball net may be borrowed at the Community Center.
- When done playing please place the pickleball net back in the storage bag and return it to the Community Center.
- Tennis shoes are required.
- Tennis racquets may be borrowed, free of charge at the Community Center when the Community Center is open.
- Please turn off the lights if you are the last to leave.
- Please help us keep the courts clean and free of debris.
- NO skates, skateboards, scooters or roller blades or playing hockey on the courts.
- The Tennis and Pickleball Courts close promptly at 11 pm and the lights should automatically turn off at this time.
- Any conflicts in regards to reservations/sign-up procedures can be resolved by calling the Emerald Isle Parks and Recreation Department at 252-354-6350 or by stopping by our offices at the Community Center during the following hours:
- Monday through Friday
7:30 am to 7:30 pm
8:30 am to 3 pm
- Resolutions after the aforementioned business hours will be handled by the Police Department at 252-354-2021.
- Monday through Friday
- Please feel free to contact Parks and Recreation with comments, questions and/or suggestions regarding the tennis and pickleball courts at 252-354-6350.