The beach of Emerald Isle hosts many visitors soaking up the sun and playing in the surf. It is a time for family and/or friends to spend together. The beach also is a place where two families can become one. The beach of Emerald Isle has witnessed many things, with love being one.
Thousands of people have chosen this beach to say, "I do." With it's beautifully clean beach and crystal waters it is no surprise that this beach has been the destination for so many weddings. Emerald Isle offers an endless amount of homes for rent, where one could prepare for their big day and take a short walk out onto the beach to start their forever.
Emerald Isle and it's surrounding areas offer everything and one you need for a wedding, including:
Visit The Crystal Coast to start planning your Emerald Isle beach wedding!
Carteret County Marriage License Requirements
- All applicants must provide their social security cards. If you do not have a card, a W-2 form may be used. If you have not been assigned a number, an affidavit must be completed.
- All applicants must provide identification. If you are 21 years of age or older, acceptable identification would include: Passport, Military ID Card, or Driver's License.
- All identification must be in English, current, valid and federal, state or government issued.
- If you are between the ages of 18 and 21, you must provide both of the following: Certified Copy of Birth Certificate or Driver's License AND State-Issued I.D.
- All applicants under age 18 should contact the Register of Deeds office at 252-728-8474 before applying.
- Divorced applicants must provide the month and year of last divorce. A copy of divorce is required if it occurred within the last year.
- There is no waiting period after the license is issued. The issued license will expire within 60 days. If the license is not used in 60 days, a new license will have to be issued at full cost.
- The cost of the license is $60 (cash or credit card only).
- Certified copies of your marriage license may be obtained at the Register of Deeds office in person or by mail. Certified copies are $10 each.
For further information please contact:
Carteret County Register of Deeds
302 Courthouse Square
Beaufort, NC 28516
Emerald Isle Wedding Requirements
- Chairs and other accessories should be assembled so as not to obstruct the public or vehicles on the beach.
- Wedding tents are not allowed at any of the public parks or accesses and overnight parking is not permitted.
- Smaller tents may be used on the beach strand itself but may not be left unattended past 8 pm
- You will also want to keep in mind when you are planning your beach wedding that vehicles are allowed on the beach from September 15 through April 30.
- Emergency vehicles must have full access in the event of emergency situations.
For further information contact:
Emerald Isle Town Administration Office
7509 Emerald Drive
Emerald Isle, NC 28594