PUBLIC SERVICE ANNOUNCEMENT
Emerald Isle Culvert Replacement Projects
Bogue Inlet Drive, Cedar Street, and Old Ferry
October 11, 2023
The Town of Emerald Isle has received $621,000 in FEMA grant funds to replace culvert pipes and improve stormwater flow along Archer’s Creek.
The next three (3) work zones include culvert replacements at: Bogue Inlet Drive, Cedar Street, and Old Ferry
Bogue Inlet Drive and Cedar Street Culverts
Work is anticipated to begin as early as October 30, 2023, and should end by December 31, 2023.
- Bogue Inlet Drive is the first culvert that will be replaced.
- Cedar Street is the second culvert to be replaced.
- Thomas Simpson Construction will be performing this phase of construction.
To complete this work, each road may be temporarily closed for up to three weeks. However, only one road will be detoured at a time.
- When Bogue Inlet Drive is closed, traffic will be rerouted to Old Ferry.
- When Cedar Street is closed, traffic will be rerouted to Bogue Inlet Drive.
Old Ferry Culvert
The culvert replacement project on Old Ferry is anticipated to begin around January 2, 2024, and should end by early February 2024.
- During this phase, Old Ferry may be closed for up to three weeks.
- Waters Contracting will be performing this phase of construction.
- When Old Ferry is closed, traffic will be rerouted to Bogue Inlet Drive.
General Project Details
The Town of Emerald Isle is committed to minimizing any inconveniences and ensuring that these upgrades proceed as efficiently as possible.
As these projects draw nearer to their respective start dates, EI will provide the public with up-to-date detour information.
Weather and material delays may influence the proposed timelines for these projects.
For further updates and additional information, please visit our website at www.emeraldisle-nc.org.