Regular Collection - Accepted Items
The regular trucks will pick up:
- Household garbage and refuse
- Broken furniture, mattresses, bedsprings
- Beach chairs
- Small lawn mowers (fluids must be drained)
- Small counter-style appliances
- Small household items
- Empty paint cans or cans with a small amount of residual dry paint
Regular Collection - Unaccepted Items
Regular collection will not pick up:
- Construction and Demolition (C&D) Materials
- Examples include lumber, boards, windows, cabinetry, siding, shingles, asbestos, doors, toilets, drywall, plaster, carpeting/padding, flooring, tile, concrete, bricks and pavers, landscape timbers, pallets, and similar items.
- White goods/Large Appliances
- Examples include refrigerators, stoves, washers, dryers, dishwashers, hot water heaters, and similar items
- The Town offers a once-a-month curbside pick-up for white goods. Please call Town Hall at 252-354-3424 to schedule a pick-up.
- Vegetative Debris/Yard Waste
- Examples include leaves, small limbs and branches, grass clippings, vegetative clippings, and similar items.
- The Town also offers weekly curbside vegetative debris/yard waste pick-up
- Televisions and Monitors
- Examples include computers, monitors, televisions, and similar items
- Hazardous Materials
- Examples include paint, chemicals, cleaners, oil and filters, fuel, and similar items
- Once a year the NC Cooperative Extension Service and the Coastal Environmental Partnership sponsor a Household Hazardous Waste Collection Day in Carteret County. They accept: latex and oil paints, used motor oil, lawn and garden fertilizer and pesticides, farm pesticides, gasoline, drain openers, paint thinners, cooking oil, anti-freeze and batteries. Learn more about the next scheduled collection at: http://www.cepnc.org/hazardous-waste.html
Carteret County offers several options for proper disposal of each of the other materials which may not be picked up curbside. Please check Carteret County's helpful website or call 252-648-7878.
Carteret County offers several area convenience locations which have the following hours of operation:
- Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, Friday and Saturday
7 a.m. to 6 p.m.
2 p.m. to 6 p.m.
1 p.m. to 6 p.m.