NC Wildlife Resources Commission Boat Launching Facility in Emerald Isle
There is no fee to launch a boat.
|Water Access & Parks
The facility is located on Bogue Sound at 6800 Emerald Drive near mile marker 18 on NC 58 (adjacent to Chapel By The Sea). The facility includes 4 launching ramps and parking for 112 vehicle and trailer combinations, and a separate parking lot with 18 single-vehicle spaces. The new facility is managed by the NC Wildlife Resources Commission and is open 24/7/365. There is no fee to launch a boat.
- Four Launching Ramps
- Parking for 112 Vehicle / Trailer Combinations
- Pier to the Sound
- Picnic Shelter
- Senator Jean Preston Memorial Playground
Plans & Updates
- View the Site Plan (PDF) for the new Public Boat Launching Facility in Emerald Isle.
- (Please note that the pier to the sound, the playground, and picnic shelter that are depicted are for future phases)
- View the Official Marked Boat Route (PDF) from New Public Boat Launching Facility to AIWW
- Please view Important Boating Access Area Regulations from NC Wildlife Resources Commission