The Emerald Isle Bicycle and Pedestrian Advisory Committee has two openings and is now seeking applicants.
Those who are appointed to the Committee by the Board of Commissioners will serve a two-year term.
The purpose and scope of the activities of this Committee is to:
- advocate for programs that promote biking and walking and projects that provide safe and convenient facilities for bicyclists and pedestrians in Emerald Isle including the recommendations of the Highway 58 Corridor report.
- To form a visible, vocal and effective coalition of pedestrian and bicycle advocates.
- To support bicycle and pedestrian friendly legislation.
- To develop and implement bicycle and pedestrian safety education programs for bicyclists, pedestrians and drivers of motor vehicles.
- To advocate for bicycle and pedestrian friendly facilities throughout Emerald Isle including bicycle lands and walkways and to promote livable communities and lifestyles by offering alternatives to automobile dependence.
To apply, please email Anna Smith, Town Clerk/Public Information Officer, with your name, Emerald Isle address, email and phone number, and a brief description of why you would like to be considered for this committee.