Joel Lane Beach Access Walkway
The Town of Emerald Isle leadership team secured multiple quotes for the removal and replacement of the Joel Lane Walkway steps.
• Funds were diverted from other projects to meet the immediate need
• A Purchase Order was provided on September 1, 2022.
The lowest and best bid was submitted by B & P Services in the amount of $19,500.
• Demolition will begin today (September 6).
• Permits are being secured for the reconstruction of the same.
• Signage will be placed at the access (by Emerald Isle Parks and Recreation) indicating temporary closure due to construction.
• Construction will commence and take 10-14 days to complete.
• This timeline is weather dependent and subject to change (without notice).
The steps will be completely removed and replaced within the existing footprint, to meet CAMA rules on a minor permit.
Minor adaptations will be needed to comply with current building codes.